Family Update Grove Manor May 28
As we continue to navigate through Covid-19, Albertans have shown great progress in helping flatten the curve. This has led to some restrictions being lifted in the community.
The Chief Medical Office of Health just released a new Order and in that Order, there is some good news for our residents as certain restrictions are also beginning allowed to ease in seniors’ homes.
Below are some updates:
1. Mandatory 14-day isolation for residents returning from an emergency room visit or from an essential medical appointment is no longer required. If a resident is returning from hospital (and has been there for more than 24 hrs), then the isolation protocol still stands. Residents are still asked to remain on the property and not leave for any reason other than for an essential medical appointment.
2. Recreational/group activities are being relaxed. Groups of up to 17 people are now being permitted for recreational activities. Physical distancing protocols of 2m between residents still will apply.
3. Hair salon services will begin again in Grove Manor next week. Appointments are now being scheduled.
4. We encourage families to remain in contact with your loved one via telephone calls and video calls. We are now able to make video calls on and we can coordinate scheduled calls between residents and loved ones. This can be arranged by contacting our Activities Convenor, Sandy at email@example.com or by calling the Manor at 780-962-6672. Video calls will be limited to 20 minutes.
5. Visitations into our facility are still not permitted. However, we strongly encourage families to visit through the windows of your loved one’s suites.
If their suite is on the outer side of the building, you are welcome to bring a lawn chair, sit outside and visit with your loved one as they remain in their suites.
If their suite faces the courtyard or another area not accessible to you, we can make other arrangements to have you visit while your loved ones remains in a suite. Please contact me to make those arrangements.
We are hopeful that visitation restrictions will be eased in the upcoming weeks and we will once again be able to welcome all families and friends back into our facility.