Family Update Millennium Pavilion May 28
As we continue to navigate through Covid-19, Albertans have shown great progress in helping flatten the curve. This has led to some restrictions being lifted in the community.
The Chief Medical Office of Health just released a new Order and in that Order, there is some good news for our residents as certain restrictions are also beginning allowed to ease in seniors’ homes.
Below are some updates:
1. Mandatory 14-day isolation for residents returning from an emergency room visit or from an essential medical appointment is no longer required. If a resident is returning from hospital (and has been there for more than 24 hrs), then the isolation protocol still stands. Residents are still asked to remain on the property and not leave for any reason other than for an essential medical appointment.
2. Recreational/group activities are being relaxed. Groups of up to 17 people are now being permitted for recreational activities. Physical distancing protocols of 2m between residents still will apply.
We will continue to hold activities outdoors should weather permit.
3. Hair salon services will once again be offered for Millennium Pavilion residents, beginning Thursday, May 28. Services will be offered in a temporary 1-client only setting in the basement of Millennium Pavilion. Residents have been notified and may set up appointments directly with our stylist, Beth.
4. We encourage families to remain in contact with your loved one via telephone calls and video calls. We have an iPad available to make video calls on and we can coordinate scheduled calls between residents and loved ones. This can be arranged by contacting our Activities Assistant, Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 780-473-5621 ext 3240. Video calls will be limited to 20 minutes.
5. Visitations into the facility are still not permitted. However, St. Michael’s Health Group has, at their discretion, decided to take steps to try to temporarily permit brief, modified, scheduled outdoor visits for residents and families.
We truly wish to help our residents see their loved ones and are setting up a temporary tent in our courtyard and scheduling short visits to those interested, beginning Monday, June 1.
The process will be as follows:
- Families to contact our Activities Assistant Roman at email@example.com or by calling 780-473-5621 ext 3240 to schedule a visit. You will be given a scheduled a day/time for your visit.
- Visits will be limited to 20 minutes and only 2 visitors will be allowed.
- Residents will be informed of their scheduled visit and will be asked to make their own way to the courtyard. Assistance will be provided to them if needed.
- Residents will be given masks to wear during these visits.
- Visitors must enter/exit the courtyard through the NORTH gate, located in the parking lot on the north side of Millennium Pavilion.
- Visitors must not be exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms and will be screened (and temperature taken) upon arriving at the gate.
- Visitors must wear a mask (you must provide your own) and sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment and wait outside of the courtyard gates until you are called in for screening.
- If you are late, your visit will be cut short and carried out as per the scheduled time.
- There will be a physical barrier (clear plastic curtain) between you and your loved one. Physical distancing of 2m must be maintained. No physical contact (i.e. hugs) will be allowed.
- If you have a package to give to your loved one, they will not be able to accept it during this visit. Please follow the existing protocol of dropping the item off at our main doors and calling staff.
Due to staff limitations, visits will be scheduled primarily during the day. Early evening hours may be available on Tuesdays.
- Visits will only occur from Monday-Friday.
- Because the visit will occur in a sheltered area, we will aim to proceed with visits, regardless of the weather. If we must cancel your visit, we will do our best to contact you in advance.
- If you need to cancel or re-schedule a visit, please give the Activities Assistant as much notice as possible by calling 473-5621 ext 3240.
This is all unchartered territory for us and we ask for your patience as we try our best to accommodate as many visits and video calls as will be requested.
We are hopeful that visitation restrictions will be eased in the upcoming weeks and we will once again be able to welcome all families and friends back into our facility.