Supportive Living Family Update May 15
As the province of Alberta slowly starts to “open up”, it is comforting to know that the pandemic situation is getting better. While certain businesses are being allowed to slowly open, many restrictions still remain in place.
The Chief Medical Office of Health sets the protocols and although the business sector is being allowed to relax some of their rules, the restrictions placed on seniors and our facility have not changed.
Please continue to follow the guidelines we have in place. Some of these include:
- Residents must remain on the facility property and cannot leave other than for an emergency (i.e. hospital) or for an essential medical appointment.
- If you must go to the hospital or to the doctor, you will be required to isolate in your room for 14 days upon your return.
- You may go outdoors but must remain on the property. Remember to keep 6 feet apart from other residents.
- Visitation from family/friends is still not permitted.
- You are encouraged to participate in exercises and other small-group recreational activities as scheduled.
- Keep your suite as clean as possible and, if you can, wipe down door handles, light switches and other high-touch areas daily with a disinfectant.
- Deliveries of food and other items from family and friends is welcome. Families must follow the steps posted on the entry doors when dropping off items.
- Deliveries of food/items from a delivery service is allowed BUT your order must be prepaid (with a credit card) with the vendor. Waiting in the lobby of the building for the delivery driver to give them payment is not permitted.
We realize that these past 2 months have been challenging and thank you for your cooperation in helping keep everyone safe by following the guidelines that are imposed on us. It is our hope that in the upcoming weeks we shall see the number of Covid-19 cases in Alberta continue to decrease and that some restrictions will be relaxed.