Letter To Residents May 28
As we continue to navigate through Covid-19, Albertans have shown great progress in helping flatten the curve. This has led to some restrictions being lifted in the community. This is good news for Vegreville Manor as it has also means that certain restrictions are being eased here for you.
Below are some updates:
1. Residents are still asked to not leave the property (unless it is for an essential medical appointment). If you do have to leave for an appointment or have to go to Emergency, you no longer have to be in isolation for 14 days upon your return.
However, if you have been in the hospital for more than 24hrs, you will still have to isolate for 14 days.
2. Recreational/group activities are being relaxed. Groups of up to 17 people are now being permitted for recreational activities. Physical distancing protocols of 2m between residents still will apply.
3. Hair salon services will be starting again soon. More details will coming shortly.
4. We encourage you to stay in touch with your families through phone calls and video calls. Video calls can be arranged by having your family contact our Activities Convenor, Charlotte.
5. Visitations into the facility are still not permitted. However, we strongly encourage families to visit through the windows of your suites.
If your suite is on the outer side of the building, your loved ones can bring a lawn chair, sit outside and visit with you while you remain in your suite.
If your suite faces the courtyard, we can make arrangements to have your family enter the courtyard while you remain in your suite. Please see me to make those arrangements.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping keep all our residents safe and healthy! We are hopeful that visitation restrictions will be eased in the upcoming weeks and we will once again be able to welcome all families and friends back into our facility.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see your manager, Emily.