The health, safety, and well-being of our residents and staff are our top priority at St. Michael’s Health Group. We are following the lead of Alberta Health, AHS, and the Chief Medical Officer at this important time. All appropriate measures are being taken to ensure our sites are safe and we will maintain these additional protocols as long as necessary.
St. Michael’s staff has been working hard to keep our residents safe and healthy.
As of June 30, 2022, the CMOH Orders for Continuing Care have moved to Step 3 and we are using different tools for precautions that are still needed.
Precautions that REMAIN in place:
- Continuous masking for all staff and visitors in LTC sites.
- No food/drink is to be consumed by a visitor during the visit as you are to remain masked at all times.
- Residents with symptoms will be tested and isolated according to their type of illness.
- DO NOT visit if you have symptoms even in the slightest and even if you are fully vaccinated.
- If you had any known close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you should not enter the site for 7 days from the last day of exposure, regardless of your immunization status.
- Vaccination: we encourage staff and visitors to get all doses recommended by Alberta Health.
Precautions that have been lifted:
- Active Screening at the entrance is no longer required. However, staff and visitors should continue self-screening before coming to work or visiting.
- Residents returning from the hospital will not be isolated and tested unless they have symptoms.
Thank you and we will continue to keep you informed and updated.
Please continue to follow all local Public Health directives, get your vaccination and continue to practice hand hygiene, masking, and social distancing.