#Weloveourvolunteers Join @Smhg in celebrating #NationalVolunteerWeek 🙂 April 7 to April 13, 2019 #ValueOfVolunteering We #appreciate the devotion, care, willingness to help, talents, experience and passions our volunteers share daily #ThankYou for your #support !! #NVW2019
Nursing staff are available 24 hours, seven days a week. Other health providers include a social worker, dietitian, pharmacist, occupational and physical therapy team, recreation therapy team along with visiting family physicians, diagnostic and laboratory services and external specialists.
From our 35 years of experience we know that residents enjoy the best life when:
- Family and friends are encouraged to visit frequently and participate in activities meaningful to the resident
- Residents are provided with choices whenever possible
- Residents and families collaborate with the care team to assist the resident in meeting his/her needs
- Residents and families are engaged in promoting safety in the home. Assistance is provided with love and dignity
The Long Term Care Centre provides a comfortable, home-like atmosphere in a mature treed neighbourhood with private and semi-private rooms.
Resident and families may choose to participate in a variety of social and leisure activities occurring in the home or offered in the Edmonton area community. Personal services provided on-site include hair salon, mobile dental services, visiting foot-care services and much more.
- Rooms are located in one of three hallways, each with a unique colour to assist residents in locating their bedroom
- Each hallway has shared dining and lounge areas and combined tub/shower room
- Residents are encouraged to personalize their room for comfort and familiarity
- Residents, families and friends enjoy their time together in lounges, dining rooms and an outdoor garden
Residents enjoy three amazing meals and two snacks each day that are nutritious and delicious, prepared by our on-site Chef and served by our dedicated staff. Nutritional assessments and advice is also available.
- Each day’s menu is approved by an on-site dietitian and is based on the Canada Food Guide
- Nutritious and delicious offerings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Mid-afternoon and evening snacks are also offered
- Our professional chef encourages regular input from residents
- Meals are served in shared dining areas on each floor
153 Residents live in private or semi-private rooms at our site located in northeast Edmonton.
A variety of activities are designed and organized for residents. They and their families can plan for these activities through the shared monthly recreational calendar. These leisure activities are created to enhance the quality of life while working in partnership with residents and their families during the Resident And Family Council Meetings. Some of the residents favorite leisure activities are when local musicians, bands and dance groups perform. We also stay involved with our community by taking part in local events by using our wheelchair accessible bus and organizing in-house group activities.
Volunteer With Us!
“I would like to thank-you all at St. Michael’s from doctors, nurses, nurse aids, the clean-up crews – everyone is doing an awesome job! My brothers all agree this is a perfect fit for our family. What impresses me most is the hand-on staff. All so kind and so willing to help and not to forget the wonderful cross section of people and personalities! Truly, it takes a village to make things this comfortable for our dear elderly.”
“Thank you all very much for the care and compassion you showed my mother during her brief stay at St. Michael’s. We were very much assured that she was being looked after in a warm, friendly family. Thank you for laughing with her and treating her as your own!”
– Rena H & Family
“It’s with a heavy but grateful heart that we say thank you for all the kindness that all have shown not just to our mother, but to us as well. We arrived with worries and concerns but they were quickly replaced with peace of mind that mom was being well taken care of. Thank you so much for everything you do at St. Michael’s Health Group!”
– Ann’s Family
“Knowing people nice as you gives life a brighter touch, and so, to each and all of you – thank you very, very much! Your care and kindness for our mom will be remembered.”
– Patricia & Kim
“They do terrific work for the community. Great staff who are attentive, caring and very professional.”
– El Mario
“What a difference it makes when care givers ACTUALLY care!! It’s beyond believable…in just one month!
So happy we moved mom to #StMichaels Long Term Care Centre! #StMichaelsHealthGroup #SMHG”
– Carol G
Congratulations to our #MothersDay #Raffle winners! 😄1st Prize: Shannon Bolichowski2nd Prize: Maria Wojcichowsky3rd Prize: Heather Hicks4th Prize: Sharon MacLean pic.twitter.com/XBwSzclpsH— SMHG (@SMHG) May 16, 2019
‘This is Home Fundraising Breakfast’ is an annual fundraising event held in support of those who call St. Michael’s Home. St. Michael’s Health Group provides long term care, supportive living, specialized services and programming for seniors in our community. We work hard to ensure our residents experience aging in a positive and meaningful way. Join us on Friday, May 10,…Details