Website St. Michael's Health Care Services
St. Michael’s Health Care Services is currently recruiting for a Temporary Full-time (6 weeks or more) Mobile Medical Radiation Technologist (Mobile X-Ray). Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performing all designated mobile x-ray services to clients within the community.
- Produces x-rays of high diagnostic quality in an efficient and safe manner.
- Maintains mobile x-ray equipment and area in good order.
- Understands and follows all Acts, Regulations, Standards, policies, directives, procedures, and rules pertaining to the operation of St. Michael’s HealthCare Services and the department.
- Provides Person Centered Care and Services to Patients, Families and other Staff.
- Ensures that regulatory and administrative requirements pertaining to department services are met, especially relating to Radiation Health and Safety.
- Ensures mobile x – ray services meet accreditation standards.
- Recommends and assists in developing procedures relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Grade 12 – Senior Matriculation.
- Graduate of Recognized/Accredited School of Radiological Technology.
- Minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Experience with disabled adults and seniors is preferred.
- Experience with Mobile X-ray is preferred.
- Experience with computer billing is required.
- Experience with Med-Access software is an asset.
- Must have current Class 5 license.
- Current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) or registration with the Alberta College of Combined Laboratory and X – Ray Technologists, or registration with Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists.
- Registered with the Health Discipline Board of Alberta.
The business language of the corporation is English. Knowledge of a second language would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 – 6 months
- Day shift
Must be fully vaccinated and willing to follow proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when on site at all times.
- Medical Radiation Technologist Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person