St. Michael’s Health Group is in urgent need of a volunteer bus driver to assist with taking our residents for outings. If you have previous driving experience (i.e. truck, bus, public transportation vehicle), have/had a Class 4 licence, and would like to do some volunteering while maintaining your driving credentials, we have an opportunity for you!
- can accommodate up to 23 passengers (less if passengers are in wheelchairs)
- has an electronic ramp to facilitate wheelchair loading
- automatic, easy to drive and handle
- Michael’s ensures maintenance of this vehicle at all times
- Michael’s would be willing to subsidise the cost of your Class 4 licence
- Driver would be accompanied by St. Michael’s staff for all outings
- Outings include various destinations, all of which are accessible by a bus (i.e. shopping malls, recreation centres, etc.)
- Driver would be included in admission and could participate with the group if he/she wishes
- Michael’s is located at 7404 139 Avenue in Edmonton
This is a great opportunity for anyone who likes to drive and wants to make a difference in the lives of our seniors. If this is you, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 780-472-4534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.